Garlic Cheese Pasta Recipe
Submitted By:from Spokane.
Garlic Cheese Pasta Notes
This is a family recipe and it is made at every family event and all sports gatherings.
- 1 pound small shell pasta
- 1-2 8 ounce balls fresh mozarella, cubed
- 7-8 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1/3-1/2 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- to taste fresh black pepper
- to taste sea salt
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil (add more with pasta if needed)
Serves / Yields
In large glass bowl, put olive oil, cheese, garlic, basil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Let set on counter all day or at least a few hours. Boil pasta as directed on package, drain and pour into mixture. Add more oil if necessary and salt to taste. The heat of the noodles will melt the cheese. It's even better the next day. Serve warm.
It's much better with vine ripened tomatoes. Use only fresh basil.