Green Goddess Dressing - light and healthy Recipe
Green Goddess Dressing - light and healthy Notes
I saw a similar recipe and decided to blend 3 or 4 green goddess dressings with my ideas. Spice House French Leaf Tarragon is really strong and delicious and I always have it on hand, whereas fresh tarragon is not always available. So I substituted parsley and the dry in place of fresh. The Vit C helps retard discoloration.
- 1 small ripe avocado (or 1/2 large avocado)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 3 chopped green onion tops, up to the white part
- 1 Cup flat leaf Italian parsley (about a handful)
- 2 teaspoons French Leaf tarragon
- 3/4 Cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Vitamin C granules or one capsule poured out
- salt to taste
Serves / Yields
1-1/2 cups approx.
Scoop out avocado place with rest of ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
This is good over fish, on mixed greens, on sliced tomatoes by themselves. A good salad is arugula,watercress tossed with a little, topped with fresh sliced tomatoes and drizzle a little more on the tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to tatste.