Honeyprint Ginger Cookies Recipe
Honeyprint Ginger Cookies Notes
This recipe was created by Spice House staff member Paige Esbrook for Retail Therapy Night in Evanston. It combines the best aspects of crunchy and chewy ginger cookies into one cookie with a crisp outside and a chewy center.
- FOR THE DOUGH:
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Cups flour
- FOR MAKING THE COOKIES:
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground pepper
- 1/2 Cup or so honey, in a squeeze bottle
Serves / Yields
About 10 dozen
Preheat oven to 350. Cream together butter and white and brown sugar. Mix in molasses, vanilla, and eggs, beating until smooth. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda, and spices. Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients to make a stiff dough.
Thoroughly mix sugar, pepper, and ginger in a small bowl. Make sure there are no clumps of ginger. Roll balls of dough in sugar mixture to coat and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make a deep well in each ball with a finger. Place a pea-sized drop of honey in each well. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling rack and let cool until stiff.
To cut the sweetness of the honey center, mix a little lemon juice into your honey before putting it in the cookies. Or mix honey with finely chopped nuts and spoon into cookies for an extra crunchy center.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!