Incredible Seasoning Salt Recipe
Submitted By:from Montgomery.
Incredible Seasoning Salt Notes
This recipe was found in a cooking magazine by my Father back in the mid 1970's.
- 30 ounces sea salt, Spanish fine grind preferred
- 1 tablespoon dill salt
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 4 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Monosodium Glutamate (optional)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mace
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (Maharajah style preferred)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
Serves / Yields
Buy a Rubbermaid plastic jar at Wal-mart, or wherever available.
I prefer to mix half of the plain sea salt with the rest of the spices, and then add the remaining sea salt.
Seal with the lid and shake it really well. Shake it every now and then, for the next week. It gets better with age and holds well for six months or more.
This salt blend is excellent on pork, beef, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and most anything.
Personally, I use the very best spices available. I go overboard with the salt (light gray Celtic sea salt). I also buy the best black and white peppercorns from The Spice House, and grind them fresh myself.
You may not find dill salt anywhere. To mix your own, blend 1 part ground dill seed to 4 parts salt. So, 1 teaspoon dill with 4 teaspoons salt, mix together, and measure your tablespoon.