Instant Christmascent Simmer Recipe
Instant Christmascent Simmer Notes
I found this in a Time-Life Old Fashioned Christmas cookbook. I LOVE this stuff... I keep it on the stove and boil it all day long the week of Christmas. Gave it as Christmas gifts to friends. Thought you might enjoy, and even be able to mix up little packages to sell pre-made! Let me know if you love it too! Lynne PS... the recipe is as written in the book... just wanted to add that I've never taken mine off the stove. I keep in the pot and just keep adding water to it until the scent weakens. Then I mix up a new batch! L
- 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Anise Seed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Quart Water
Serves / Yields
---- not edible... for scent only
- Place the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, anise and ginger in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the water and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Do not cover.
- Reduce the heat to low and keep this brew simmering on your stove or on your woodstove. NOTE: The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator to use again and again until the scent has diminished.
At the top of recipe it states: "For a lovely gift, make up a package of the dry ingredients of this mixture, along with instructions on how to use it. The simmering spices will perfume the entire house."