Lamb Meatballs Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Lamb Meatballs Notes
I came across a recipe for very quick lamb kebabs (from Xanthe Clay's Ten Minutes to Table) and decided to modify the recipe.
- 2 quarts broth (I use vegetable)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or pushed through a garlic press
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
Serves / Yields
Heat broth to a hard boil. In the mean time, mix all other ingredients except mashed potatoes and chilli sauce together and form 12 meatballs. Drop into the boiling broth and turn the heat to medium low just to keep it simmering. The meatballs are cooked when they float freely. Drain and serve over hot mashed potatoes and topped with sweet chilli sauce.
You can use any ground meat, of course, but I think cumin works best with lamb.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!