Luxurious Turkey-Mushroom Risotto with White Truffle Oil Recipe
Luxurious Turkey-Mushroom Risotto with White Truffle Oil Notes
Never again will left-over turkey be thought of as mundane once you feast on this delectable risotto. Sautéed white mushrooms and onions along with Arborio rice become creamy yet al dente as turkey stock is slowly stirred into this traditional Italian dish. Then add a splash of white wine, diced turkey, Parmigiano and - here's where it's special - a final spoonful of white truffle oil. If you're in a flamboyant mood, you might shave on fresh white truffles. For the rest of us mortals, this is already a heavenly celebration that must be served immediately.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 mL) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces (120 grams) white mushrooms, wiped, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped onoin
- 1 cup (250 mL) Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup (60mL) dry white wine
- 1 1/2 ounce (45 g.) Glace de Volaille Gold® + 3 c. (750 mL) hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon or to taste salt
- 1 cup (60mL) cooked turkey, cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup (60mL) grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup (60mL) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15mL) white truffle oil
- to taste, freshly ground black pepper
Serves / Yields
Serves 4 as a side dish; 2 as a main course
Melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter in a heavy medium-size casserole. Add the onions and sauté over medium-high heat until golden. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining Tablespoon of butter and the rice, turning to coat the grains with butter. Pour in the wine and cook over high heat until it has evaporated.
Adjust the heat to medium. Begin adding the hot stock in ½-cup portions. Add the salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed before continuing with the next addition. When finished, the rice texture should be creamy and al dente.
Turn off the heat, stir in the turkey, cheese, parsley, truffle oil and black pepper. Serve at once.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!