Lynn's Chinese Style Spareribs Recipe
Lynn's Chinese Style Spareribs Notes
We got this recipe from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Samll Baby Back Pork Ribs (halved if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Rice Vinegar or Dry Sherry
- enough to cover pork Hot Water
Serves / Yields
Have all ingredients ready. In large, heavy skillet, heat oil until it begins to smoke. Add garlic and saute. Add ribs and saute until nicely browned. Remove and discard any excess oil. Sprinkle five-spice powder and toss in pan. Add sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Stir and add enough hot water to cover pork. Cover skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 40-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. After 35 minutes, make sure sauced is thickening and covering meat. If not thickening, remove cover and cook until sauce thickens and reduces, 10-20 minutes.