Mango Salsa Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Mango Salsa Notes
This salsa is a great compliment to fish dishes, like "Sea Bass Crusted with Moroccan Spices" I also listed on The Spice House website.
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
Mix in medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 1/2 hour before serving, or refrigerate for no longer than 24 hours - it doesn't keep well.
For vegan salsa, make sure you use a vegan sugar like beet sugar or evaporated cane juice.