Mom's Easy Chili Recipe
Submitted By:from Baddeck.
Mom's Easy Chili Notes
This is my mother's recipe. Although I sometimes make chili using more complicated recipes, this is so easy and can be made from things I keep on hand--just in case.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can Cambell's tomato soup
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 1 can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano, optional
- to taste, salt
- to taste, pepper
Serves / Yields
Serves 3 or 4
Brown hamburger. Add onion and cook until a bit soft. Then, add all of the other ingredients.
My mom only used chili powder, but I like to add oregano and cumin.
Cook until flavors have blended and it is nice and hot.
Can be kept warm on a low heat for quite some time. It also freezes well.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!