Mustard Greens, Nepalese-style Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Mustard Greens, Nepalese-style Notes
It can't get any easier to make greens with a kick.
- 3 tablespoons peanut or mustard oil (olive oil has too low a smoking point for this recipe)
- 1 pound mustard greens, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
Serves / Yields
Heat the oil until almost smoking. Add the greens and stir to prevent burning. Once wilted, add the spices. Stir thoroughly, turn the heat to low, cover, and cook for about 5-15 minutes.
Add a little hot water if the greens start to burn. Make sure all water has evaporated before serving.
This makes a great side dish with rice and curry.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!