My Favorite Chili Recipe
Submitted By:from San Jose.
My Favorite Chili Notes
People rave about this chili recipe and beg me to make it for parties. It's sweeter than regular chili, but quite fabulous. Serve it with an array of toppings--like sour cream, onions and cheddar. Let your guests customize to their heart's content.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 15 ounce cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 12 ounce jar chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons light chili powder (Spice House equivalent Medium Chili Powder)
- 1/4 cup dark chili powder (Spice House equivalent Regular Chili Powder)
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- * If you don't have light chili powder on hand, use 2 extra tablespoons of dark chili powder.
Serves / Yields
3-4 for a meal, 6-8 as a side dish
In a heavy-bottomed pot, saute the onion in the vegetable oil until golden brown.
Add the beef and cook until medium-rare. Don't stir the beef too much -- you want to have some large clumps of beef in the finished chili.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until blended. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the beef is cooked through.
Don't try to make this an all-day cooking project. The sugar in the chili sauce can burn when left unattended for long periods of time.
Chili sauce can be found in the condiment aisle of your supermarket, near the cocktail sauce and ketchup.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!