New Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Submitted By:from Milwaukee.
New Green Bean Casserole Notes
My family kept complaining about the same old string bean casserole at holiday meals. I found the basis for the recipe in a magazine, and adapted it to our tastes
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh string beans, or 2 (14 ounce) cans green beans (drained)
- 3/4 cup dried breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Greek oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old World Central Street Seasoning
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
Serves / Yields
Preheat oven to 350º
Blanch the fresh beans, drain and cool them, and place in a bowl. Set the bowl aside.
In a seperate, smaller bowl, mix the spices with the other dry ingredients and toss them together. Mix the dry ingredients and the canola oil into the green beans, reserving 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture for the top. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Place in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden and crispy.
Note: You can replace the blanched and cooled fresh beans with frozen or canned beans if you can't find fresh ones.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!