Peanut Marinade for Meat Recipe
Submitted By:from Detour.
Peanut Marinade for Meat Notes
I got this recipe from my neighbor's fiance, who is from Sierra Leone. I have tried this on beef, chicken, and pork, and all were terrific.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural, if possible)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 handful fresh thyme OR
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 cup fresh basil, leaves and stems
- 2-3 limes, juiced
- 2-3 cubes bouillon (Maggi brand, available at Latin or African grocers)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 small can tomato paste
- to taste, cayenne pepper (or peri-peri)
Serves / Yields
Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
Use it to coat beef, chicken, or pork and let marinate several hours to overnight before grilling.
Peri-peri is a chile pepper used in Portugese and African cooking. Other chiles can be substituted if not available.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!