Potatoes in Creamy Curry Sauce Recipe
Submitted By:from Dousman.
Potatoes in Creamy Curry Sauce Notes
This recipe comes to us courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (1 small)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet curry powder
- 1/4 cup potato cooking water
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- to taste, freshly ground black pepper
Serves / Yields
Makes 4 Servings
Steam potatoes in a vegetable steamer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup potato cooking water.
Heat canola oil in saute pan, add chopped onion and saute until tender.
Add ginger, turmeric, and curry powder. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Add potatoe water and potatoes, cover, and simmer for 4 minutes. This allows flavors to permeate potatoes.
Gently stir in low fat sour cream. Heat on low until warm. Serve with fresh ground pepper over the top.
Potatoes with a fine, firm flesh work best-like red or white potatoes. But, if you ain't got 'em, what you got is what you need.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!