Ratami’s Lamb Satay Recipe
Ratami’s Lamb Satay Notes
This recipe is courtesy of John Thorne and Matt Lewis, two people we have the utmost respect for. People serious about, and dedicated to, food. Visit them online at Outlaw Cook
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 medium or 1 large shallot, grated
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces
- "peanut sauce # 1"
Serves / Yields
Dissolve tamarind paste in the hot water and press the pulp through a sieve. Mix this with the remaining marinade ingredients in a bowl. Stir the meat into this so that all the pieces are coated and let marinate at room temperature for an hour or so. Thread meat onto skewers and grill over charcoal. Serve immediately with peanut sauce for dripping.