Salt Free Cajun Seasoning Blend Recipe
Submitted By:from Sun City.
- 1/2 cup freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground Chipotle chile peppers
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup California, or New Mexico, chiles, ground
- 1/4 cup Pasilla chiles, powdered
- 1/4 cup granulated onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons oregano
- 2 Tablespoons rubbed sage
- 1 cup paprika
- 1 Tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons powdered bay leaves
Serves / Yields
About 2 1/2 cups
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
I don't put salt in this mix, because I like to use as much as I want for flavor, and add salt as needed when cooking.
You can adjust the flavor by adding or subtracting any herb you like. You can also make half a recipe. Keep the extra in the freezer.
I use this herb mix in many things--not just Cajun meals. It is good in pasta sauces, beans, sprinkled on fish to saute, etc. It's very good mixed with melted butter, garlic, lemon and herbs to pour over poached or pan sauteed fish.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!