Sesame Sumac Pesto Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Sesame Sumac Pesto Notes
This Middle-Eastern version of pesto is quick to whip up.
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sumac
- 1 Tablespoon Mediterranean thyme
- 2 Tablespoons oregano
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
Serves / Yields
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and blend until well incorporated. Place in a mortar and grind twenty to thirty times. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, to allow flavors to blend.
Serve with tandoori chicken, grilled lamb or a Greek feta salad.
If you don't have a mortar and pestle, you can use on and off turns in a food processor, but don't overmix.