Sherry Apple Juice Vinaigrette Recipe
Submitted By:from Sun City.
Sherry Apple Juice Vinaigrette Notes
I love vinaigrettes and make all kinds. This is one I made up that I love.
- 1 tablespoon grated onion, or shallot with it's juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed or grated
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, or brown grained mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 1 packet splenda, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup good quality sherry wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 rounded teaspoon herbs de provence, or tarragon
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Serves / Yields
2 cups, approximately
Place all of the ingredients, except the oil, in a 2 cup jar with a lid. Put on lid and shake. Let sit 5 minutes to bloom onions. Then, add the cup of olive oil. Shake well, until emulsified. Do not overshake or the olive oil taste bitter.
Important: the fresh garlic in this dressing must be kept refrigerated, unless you are going to eat within a week. Keeps 3-4 weeks in frig.
I like my salads with romaine, iceberg, slaw mix, and red onions. Then, as needed, seedless cukes and other stuff. The slaw mix adds a nice crunch with added vitamins and minerals. I usually make enough for 3 salads and save the rest wrapped in paper towels inside a plastic bag for the next two nights.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!