Spiced Quinoa Recipe
Submitted By:from Buffalo Grove.
Spiced Quinoa Notes
A tasty way to cover the flavor of quinoa for those who hate the taste but like the nutrition
- 1 cup rinsed and drained quinoa
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cups boiling water
Serves / Yields
Brown spices in oil in a large saucepan Add rinsed quinoa and stir well Add boiling water; simmer until water is absorbed Serve with soy sauce
Rice or other whole grain can be substituted for quinoa.
Can make 1 lb of quinoa and freeze leftovers (use 2 1/4 tsp of spices and 4 1/4 cups water).
Try it mixed into scrambled eggs.