Surprising Salsa Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Surprising Salsa Notes
When I served this, someone complained it wasn't hot enough. The heat hit her a couple of seconds later and she gasped for air. Her reaction was a sight to behold.
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper finely sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) cayenne pepper
Serves / Yields
Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
The serrano provides the initial heat. The heat from the cayenne pepper kicks in later. Go easy on the cayenne pepper if you don't want your guests to choke.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!