Sweet Curry Carrot Soup Recipe
Sweet Curry Carrot Soup Notes
This recipe comes to us courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 pound carrots, sliced (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (equal to 1 large egg)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, snipped
Serves / Yields
Four 1 1/2 cup Servings
In a 3 quart saucepan, heat oil and saute onion until limp. Add curry powder and coriander. Cook one minute. Add honey, carrots and chicken stock. Cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Cool just enough to puree in the blender. Set aside.
In a small bowl, blend flour, milk and egg substitute. Stir into carrot mixture. Return carrot mixture to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Garnish with chives when serving.