Thai Vegetable Curry Recipe
Thai Vegetable Curry Notes
This recipe was prepared by Chef Kevin Bozis for our "Stir It Up in Chicago" event at Kendall College, entitled "A Spicy Asian Journey," in August 2005.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Thai Red Curry Powder
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 bunch lemongrass, cleaned and chopped
- juice of 2 limes
Serves / Yields
Make a paste with the Thai Red Curry seasoning and water.
Heat a large pot with 2 teaspoons oil. Add the onion and bell peppers. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for a couple minutes.
Add the curry paste and blend. Slowly add the coconut milk, whisking to blend. Add the cauliflower and potatoes. Add the lemongrass and lime juice.
Bring to simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are done.