Tofu-Cashew Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Submitted By:from Irvine.
Tofu-Cashew Lettuce Wraps Notes
This is a really tasty recipe that we developed for the fresh, bright medley of flavors. It also turns out to be a meal that suits vegans and vegetarians. If you're making it for non-meat eaters, be sure you're using vegetarian or vegan oyster sauce and mirin.
- 10 green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 12-oz package extra-firm tofu, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon Vulcan's Fire Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Lampong Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- crisp whole Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and blotted dry
Serves / Yields
Serves 2 - 4
Stir-fry the first 6 ingredients quickly in a hot wok, using peanut or canola oil, adding ingredients one at a time in the order above. Add all remaining ingredients (except the lettuce).
Combine by tossing quickly, and serve on romaine lettuce leaves. Wrap the lettuce around the filling and eat like a taco.
This recipe may also be enjoyed in winter by serving with angel hair pasta instead of the lettuce. If you do that, it’s also nice to add finely julienned slices of cucumber, to add some extra crunch.
Visit my blog, Orange County Locavore, to see more of my recipes.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!