Wasabi Tots Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
- 7 Baking potatoes, 6 peeled&quartered, 1 shredded
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Wasabi powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
Serves / Yields
4 1/2 C Servings
- Boil the 6 quartered potatoes in salted water until cooked through.
- Using a food processer or hand-masher, mash the potatoes until relatively smooth.
- Mix the wasabi with 2 Tablespoons tap water.
- Blend the wasabi paste into the mashed potatoes.
- Shred the 7th potato and toss in the lemon juice.
- Using cold mashed wasabi potatoes, spoon out about a ball about the size of 2 tablespoons and form it into a rough barrel shape.
- Take about 1 Tablespoon of shredded potatoes and press around the wasabi tot.
- Continue on until all the mashed potatoes are gone.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saute pan. When hot, carefully add 8-10 tots. Brown on all sides. Continue on with the rest of the tots. Once all the tots have been browned, place briefly on a paper towel. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Makes a great topping for Tater Tot Hotdish, or serve with Stir-fried Shrimp.