Yummy Good Chili Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Yummy Good Chili Notes
This chili is really a combination of two recipes. I wanted something that was easy to prepare and did not take all day to make. This recipe does the trick. It has become a staple in our house!
- 1 pound ground meat of your choice (beef, turkey, chicken)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/8-1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 16 ounce can tomatoes (crushed, pureed, or chopped)
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can black or dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Serves / Yields
Makes approximately 6 cups
Combine the chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and cayenne together. Mix well and set aside.
Heat oil over medium heat. Add the onions, peppers and garlic. Saute until the veggies begin to soften. Add the spices and cook stirring often for approximately 10 minutes.
Increase the heat and brown the ground meat, cooking until meat is no longer raw. Add tomatoes, beans, salt and sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for approximately 1 hour. Add water if it gets too thick.
Serve chili over rice, topped with shredded sharp cheddar or monterey jack cheese. Sprinkle with green onions and top with sour cream.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!