Back of the Yards
Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper Butcher's Rub
Watch The Spice Boss mix up this blend!
This is possibly our best grilling mixture, and one of our top selling spice blends. Pepper, garlic and shallots are a tough mix to beat! Try it and you'll see why it's so popular.
The term "butcher’s rub" refers to a coarser blend of spices, both attractive and flavorful. We love Back-of-the-Yards on steaks, ribs, chops, chicken, duck, turkey, burgers, pork chops, vegetables, and eggs. One chef uses it to add zip to poppyseed dressing.
We gave this rub the name "Back-of-the-Yards" in honor of the area of Chicago south of 39th Street, between Halsted and Western Avenues. This part of the city has a proud history as home to many hard-working immigrants who found work in the meat industry and who became the backbone of Chicago.
Hand mixed from: Tellicherry black pepper, garlic, Kosher flake salt, sugar, red bell peppers, shallots, parsley. Sodium content: 176.99 mg per teaspoon; 6.56% sodium
In a glass jar
In a resealable plastic bag
Recipes with this Spice
- Back of the Yards Cornbread Muffins
- Back of the Yards Garlic Pepper in Alfredo Sauce
- Devine Salmon with Back of Yards Garlic Pepper Blend
- Garlic Roasted Dungeness Crab
- Holiday Brisket
- Mike's Favorite Tilapia
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Quick Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooked Italian Beef for Sandwiches
- Turkey Breast ( Beef Roast Style )
Gifts with this Spice
- Basic Spices Deluxe Gift Box
- Butcher's Rubs Gift Box
- Ethnic Chicago Neighborhoods Spice Blends Deluxe Gift Box
- Ethnic Chicago Neighborhoods Spice Blends Gift Box 2
- Grill and Barbecue Deluxe Gift Box
- Signature Selection Limited Edition Spice Gift Box
- Spicy Wedding Deluxe Gift Box
- Spicy Wedding Gift Box