Pulled Pork Recipe
Submitted By:from Reynolds.
Pulled Pork Notes
This is my favorite recipe for pulled pork. I love making it in the crock pot so it's almost ready when I get home. This makes a lot so it's great for leftovers. If the sauce isn't thick enough, top it with your favorite bottled sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder (I use hot)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 1/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon mesquite powder
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder, fat trimmed
Serves / Yields
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, cook until soft. Add garlic, chili powder, mesquite powder. Cook, stirring, one minute. Add chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Stir, bring to a boil. Place pork in slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or until pork is falling apart. Transfer meat to cutting board and shred. Return shredded meat to crock pot and stir to coat in sauce.
The seasonings are to taste. You may want more smoke flavor, or add some cayenne for heat. The sauce is a little on the thin side, but if you make this a day ahead and reheat it, you'll find the sauce to be much thicker.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!