Rose water is currently enjoying a surge in popularity. It is used in many Mediterranean and Indian dessert dishes.
This rose water is called for in some unusual dessert dishes. We just had a wonderful dessert at a local Indian restaurant. It was made with cream, rice, pistachios and almonds along with a hint of something we couldn't quite pinpoint. The owner verified it as a subtle dash of rose water.
Rosewater was used in Victorian days to flavor icings. It can be fun to attempt to replicate recipes from the culinary past.
Product of Lebanon.
Recipes with this Spice
- Chai Kheer (Indian Rice Pudding)
- Kheer-ioca (Indian-style Tapioca Pudding)
- Lavender Sugar shortbread cookies
- Metaxas (Moroccan Baklava)
- Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Quick Chai cupcake
- Rosewater Lemonade
- Rosewater Syrup
- Sweetened Saffron Rice
- Victorian Lavender Cookies with Rose Water Icing