Tomato powder has a flavor so rich and tomato-ey you won't believe it, until you taste it. It's the sweetest red tomatoes of the crop, spray-dried into a fine powder.
The main reason our customers buy this product is for use when they need a little more tomato sauce or paste, but hate to open up a whole can.
Store the tomato powder in your refrigerator, where it will last indefinitely. While it will not spoil on your shelf either, it is very hygroscopic, and will clump or cake in an environment with even moderate humidity.
Once you try this tomato powder, you will be surprised at how many other uses you will find. If you make your own pasta, tomato powder adds a lovely flavor as well as color. This is very useful in the off-season, when fresh tomatoes aren't very flavorful. Sprinkle it on pizza, bread or salads for flavor enhancement. Add it to homemade French, Russian or 1000 Island dressing. The powder also can be used to thicken sauces, stews and gumbos.
Sold in jars only.
Very Fine Powder, in a glass jar
Recipes with this Spice
- Braised Pot roast with Red Wine and Ratatouille Seasoning
- Chicken Likka
- Clay's Colossal Chili
- Holiday Brisket
- Orange-Chipotle Marinaded Flank Steak with Ancho Chile Sauce
- Sauerkraut Soup – Kapusniak
- Short Ribs with Chocolate and Fettucini
- Sloppy Joes (Minnesota Style)
- The Second Zippy Red Dressing
- Turkey Broccoli Casserole