Submitted by: Lonnie from San Diego, CA
1. Heat a large saute pan and olive oil over medium heat. Add sage leaves and fry until fragrant and lightly golden in color. Add the garlic and shallots and cook, frequently stirring for about 1 to 2 minutes, until tender but not browned.
*If using dried sage, you can substitute 2 teaspoons of dried sage for the 2 tablespoons of fresh.
2. Add white wine and Gateway, deglaze pan and simmer until wine is reduced by 1/3.
3. Add cream, pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and nutmeg, whisk to combine. Stir and simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes, until mixture is slightly thickened. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve.
4. In a separate saucepan brown the butter over medium heat. Add gnocchi, stirring often until plumped and starting to brown, about 5 more minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Toss gnocchi and pancetta in a bowl.
6. Ladle sauce into the base of a serving bowl.
7. Arrange gnocchi mixture on top. Garnish with shaved parmesan.
More About This Recipe
Serve with a small green salad.