Submitted by: Eisa from Des Moines, Iowa
Yield: 6 servings
- Clean, peel and cut all vegetables into chunks so they will cook quickly.
- Heat oil in large pot. Saute carrots,onions and potato for about 5 minutes to heighten flavors. Add stock (or water plus bouillon). Cook over medium heat until vegetables are well cooked.
- Using an immersible blender, blend until quite smooth. (This may also be done by putting vegetables into a free-standing blender.)
- Add cumin, salt and freshly-ground pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. If soup is too thick, additional water may be added.
- For low-sodium soup, use salt-free chicken stock.