Submitted by: Jimmy from Chicago, IL, USA
Yield: Serves 10
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie dough into a 12-inch circle to fit a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Transfer the dough to the plate; trim any excess, and crimp the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before preparing the filling.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Bring water to a simmer in the bottom of a double boiler, then lower the heat to the lowest possible setting. Place the chocolate and butter in the top of the double boiler and whick until melted. Whisk in the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time. Whisk in the sugar and beat with a whisk for 2 minutes, until the sugar is almost completely dissolved. Add the corn syrup and continue beating until completely incorporated.
Remove the pie plate from the refrigerator and spread the pecans on the bottm of the dough. Pour in the chocolate mixture.
Place the pie on a baking sheet, transfer to the oven, and bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 275 degrees and continue baking for 50 minutes.
Allow to cool for 2 hours then refrigerate for 45 minutes before cutting. (During baking, the pecans will rise to the surface. The filling will puff slightly, but will settle back down upon cooling.) If refrigerating overnight, let pie come to room temperature before serving.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and a drizzling of caramel and chocolate sauce.
Browse For Similar Recipes
- Popular chocolate-recipes Recipes
- Best collection_american-recipes Recipes
- Favorite collection_chocolate-recipes Recipes
- Recommended collection_dessert-recipes Recipes
- Trending collection_fathers-day-meals Recipes
- Popular collection_french-recipes Recipes
- Best collection_pie-recipes Recipes
- Favorite collection_thanksgiving-recipes Recipes
- Recommended fathers-day-meals Recipes
- Trending is_moderated Recipes
- Popular pie-recipes Recipes
- Best thanksgiving-recipes Recipes