Submitted by: Michael from Rochester Hills, Michigan
Yield: 6-8 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Mix the Potato slices and diced onion together and place into a butter greased 3 quart casserole dish.
3. In a 1.5 quart saucepan, melt the 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter over HIGH heat and then slowly mix in the 3 Tablespoons of flour, mixing constantly.
4. Once the flour and butter are mixed, slowly add the 2 cups of Milk and heat to thicken, continuing to rapidly stir to prevent burning.
5. Add Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme to the milk.
6. Add half the cheese crumbles and reduce heat to simmer. Mix until the cheese crumbles have melted into the sauce.
7. Pour sauce over the potatoes and onion in the casserole dish.
8. Cover and cook for 60-30 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Test with a toothpick.
9. Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese, and cook under the broiler until cheese has melted.
10. Remove from oven, allow to stand for 15-20 minutes, then stir and serve
Gloucester Stilton Cheese should be easily found in any decent grocery store. It is basically layers of yellow-orange Gloucester and the whiter Stilton