Submitted by: Geoff Marshall from Chicago, IL
Yield: 2 servings
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Whisk together mustard and maple syrup, add a splash of lemon juice if desired.
3. Pat fillet dry with a paper towel. Brush flesh side of salmon in the mustard-maple marinade until coated. Pour bagel seasoning onto a small plate. Press mustard side of fish into the bagel seasoning so it is encrusted.
4. Heat an oven-safe sauté pan on medium-high. Add a spot of olive oil to coat pan and prevent sticking. Lay salmon in pan seasoned side down and cook for roughly 2 minutes until the topping is golden brown. (Be careful not to burn!)
5. Carefully flip salmon place pan in oven to bake for another 8-10 minutes or until salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remember to use an oven mitt when you remove the sauté pan!
More About This Recipe
Similar to cooking a steak, the salmon should be removed from the fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking so it can reach room temperature. If a salmon is cooked when it is too cold the inside may come out undercooked.