Submitted by: Geoff Marshall from Chicago, IL
Yield: 2 servings
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Whisk together mustard and maple syrup, add a splash of lemon juice if desired.
3. Pat fillet dry with a paper towel. Brush flesh side of salmon in the mustard-maple marinade until coated. Pour bagel seasoning onto a small plate. Press mustard side of fish into the bagel seasoning so it is encrusted.
4. Heat an oven-safe sauté pan on medium-high. Add a spot of olive oil to coat pan and prevent sticking. Lay salmon in pan seasoned side down and cook for roughly 2 minutes until the topping is golden brown. (Be careful not to burn!)
5. Carefully flip salmon place pan in oven to bake for another 8-10 minutes or until salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Remember to use an oven mitt when you remove the sauté pan!
Similar to cooking a steak, the salmon should be removed from the fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking so it can reach room temperature. If a salmon is cooked when it is too cold the inside may come out undercooked.