Submitted by: Mabel from Chicago, IL
- Put rice, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, and water in a pot and allow to come to a boil.
- Contrary to instructions that you usually read about cooking rice, do not put on the lid, or the liquid will boil over.
- Once it boils, turn the heat down and simmer slightly uncovered for 7 minutes.
- Then cover, reduce the heat further, and let cook for another 8 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and let the rice sit for 15 minutes before fluffing.
More About This Recipe
To make it even more aromatic, saute the rinsed rice in heated ghee (clarified butter) for a couple of minutes before adding water (increase to 2 parts water) and the whole spices. Be sure to read the directions on your bag of rice as they tend to vary from brand to brand.
Browse For Similar Recipes
- Popular collection_indian-recipes Recipes
- Best collection_low-sodium-recipes Recipes
- Favorite collection_middle-eastern-recipes Recipes
- Recommended collection_rice-recipes Recipes
- Trending collection_side-dish-recipes Recipes
- Popular collection_vegan-recipes Recipes
- Best is_moderated Recipes
- Favorite low-sodium-recipes Recipes
- Recommended side-dish-recipes Recipes