Submitted by: L from Los Angeles, California
Yield: 4 servings
Cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces, keeping tips separate.
Bring a small quantity of water to a boil in a saute pan. Salt the water and add the asparagus stalks in a single layer. Boil about 1 minute, then add the tips and boil 2 minutes more. Drain well and pat dry.
In a skillet, saute scallion in oil just until it begins to turn translucent. Add asparagus and saffron. Stir-fry briefly, then cover, lower heat, and cook gently for 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
Season asparagus with salt, pepper, and freshly ground nutmeg, stir together, cover, and continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
Uncover and continue to cook and shake, just until asparagus begins to turn golden. Serve immediately.
Browse For Similar Recipes
- Popular collection_american-recipes Recipes
- Best collection_low-sodium-recipes Recipes
- Favorite collection_side-dish-recipes Recipes
- Recommended collection_spanish-recipes Recipes
- Trending collection_thanksgiving-recipes Recipes
- Popular collection_vegetable-recipes Recipes
- Best is_moderated Recipes
- Favorite low-sodium-recipes Recipes
- Recommended side-dish-recipes Recipes
- Trending spanish-recipes Recipes
- Popular thanksgiving-recipes Recipes