This recipe was actually a happy accident by one of our spice merchants. One night, Buster was making brownies and he accidentally reached for Garam Masala instead of ancho chiles. Thus a delicious cocoa combination was created!
Yield: Makes enough to fill one 8" x 8" pan.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep an 8" x 8" baking pan with butter or non-stick spray, and flour.
3. In a large bowl, melt the butter.
4. Stir in sugar until the mixture is even.
5. Beat in 2 eggs.
6. Add all other ingredients except for the cocoa, and mix well.
7. Mix in cocoa thoroughly.
8. Bake for 30 min.
For the frosting:
(Makes enough frosting for 2 batches of brownies)
1. Melt butter in a large bowl.
2. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
3. Gradually add milk until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Mix in vanilla extract.
5. Let brownies cool before frosting.
Increase or decrease the amount of Garam Masala as per your own preference.