Garam Masala Brownies
This recipe was actually a happy accident by one of our spice merchants. One night, Buster was making brownies and he accidentally reached for Garam Masala instead of ancho chiles. Thus a delicious cocoa combination was created!
Yield: Makes enough to fill one 8" x 8" pan.
Featured in this Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep an 8" x 8" baking pan with butter or non-stick spray, and flour.
3. In a large bowl, melt the butter.
4. Stir in sugar until the mixture is even.
5. Beat in 2 eggs.
6. Add all other ingredients except for the cocoa, and mix well.
7. Mix in cocoa thoroughly.
8. Bake for 30 min.
For the frosting:
(Makes enough frosting for 2 batches of brownies)
1. Melt butter in a large bowl.
2. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
3. Gradually add milk until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Mix in vanilla extract.
5. Let brownies cool before frosting.
More About This Recipe
Increase or decrease the amount of Garam Masala as per your own preference.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out more baking recipes here.
Made for a birthday party! Rave reviews. The Garam Masala gives an unexpected yet perfect twist!! Highly recommend this if you’re looking for a way to stand out from all the other standard brownie recipies.