Submitted by: Jennifer from Chicago, IL
1. Combine the coriander, cumin, peppercorns, cloves, and cinnamon stick in a small nonstick pan and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat for about 4 minutes, or until the spices are nicely toasted and aromatic. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Put the spices in a grinder and process until very fine. A regular coffee grinder works well. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, and chile and saute for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Add the spice powder and stir to blend. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. While the mixture cools, cut the tips off the chicken wings and thrown them away. Then, separate the wings at the joints to make two pieces per wing.
4. Stir the yogurt, lime juice, and salt to taste into the vegetable-spice mixture. Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour the yogurt mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 4 hours.
5. The chicken wings can be roasted in the oven at 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes until cooked through, or grilled on a barbeque grill. Be careful of burning the yogurt marinade on the grill.
If you roast the chicken in the oven, use a layer of aluminum foil on the bottom of your pan for easy clean-up.