1. Warm a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the sausage, and cook until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer the cooked sausage to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
2. Add the olive oil to the pot, followed by the onion, carrot, and a pinch of sea salt. Saute 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the garlic, and saute 1 minute, or until fragrant.
3. Add the Italian seasoning and thyme leaves, and stir. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly stream in the Organic Free Range Chicken Broth and heavy cream, followed by the tomato paste. Whisk to combine. Cook until the mixture starts to bubble, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the sausage back to the pot along with the tortellini and kale. Simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and any extra salt if desired.
5. Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan, chopped parsley, warm bread, or any other desired toppings.