Yield: 4 servings
1. Combine cabbage, scallions, daikon, Kimchi Seasoning, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, and sugar. Toss and set aside.
2. Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon neutral oil and stir fry broccoli and mushrooms. For a nice char, allow the food to cook without stirring for a minute or two. Continue cooking until charred. Remove veggies and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of neutral oil and add meat of choice (if using) and stir-fry until cooked through and browned. Add meat to vegetables.
4. Add remaining neutral oil and sesame oil and rice to wok. Stir rice to coat in oil and then allow to sit without stirring to get a nice char. (I do not break up the chunks of rice as they are crispy chunks of flavor). Once charred add cabbage and juices and stir-fry until cabbage has wilted and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Add veggies and meat to wok and stir to combine. Add soy sauce to taste.
6. Divide rice onto serving plates. Top with fried eggs (if using) and garnish as desired.