Pasta with Smoked Chicken and Mushrooms
I found this chicken and mushroom pasta recipe about 15 years ago in a magazine, and it has been a family favorite and crowd pleaser ever since.
Submitted by: Cindy from Pelham, NH
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Featured in this Recipe
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until onion is translucent.
- Increase head to medium-high, add mushrooms and salt. Cook, stirring until the mushrooms are well browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, paprika and mustard. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens, 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and cook 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Just before serving, stir the sour cream and dill into the sauce. Toss the noodles with the sauce.
More About This Recipe
I love to smoke chicken outside on the grill and then use it in this recipe.
This was really good! I did not have as much smoked chicken on hand, but used some homemade smoked chicken broth that really added some flavor. I used low fat Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. All in the family loved it!
This was great! We like to smoke meats a lot and it’s hard to find recipes….I added chopped zucchini…..will do it again!
I love this dish. I always make alterations to recipes, so forgive me please. I used linguine instead of egg noodles because that is what I had in hand and substituted 1/2 cup of the sour cream with cream off the top of my raw milk. Yummy! Thank you!
Exceptional recipe. Loved every bite. Only change I made was a dash of sweet vermouth at the end.
This was fantastic!
I smoked the chicken as recommended.
Thank you for posting this recipe. Super good.