Yield: 1 cocktail
To make the syrup:
1. Bring one cup of water to a boil, steep hibiscus petals in water for 10-15 minutes. Stir hibiscus water with a spoon a few times while it steeps.
2. Pour water through a wire mesh, straining out all petals and particulate.
3. While water is still warm, stir in sugar until completely dissolved.
To make the cocktail:
1. Wet the rim of a cocktail glass with a lime wedge and roll in Kiawe Smoked Sea Salt. Fill glass with ice. (If desired.)
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lime juice, hibiscus syrup, and ice. Shake for 20-30 seconds.
3. Pour/strain cocktail into glass, garnish with a slice of lime, and serve.
This recipe tends to be on the sweeter side. If you'd like it less sweet, use half of the hibiscus syrup recommended. Alternately, you can serve over ice and allow it to dilute slightly. The syrup recipe makes enough for eight servings (8 ounces).