Turkey Broccoli Casserole Recipe
Submitted By:from Dousman.
Turkey Broccoli Casserole Notes
This recipe comes to us courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 2 cups dry yolkless noodles
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped (small)
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped (about 3/4 medium)
- nonstick pan spray
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (about 8 medium)
- 1 tablespoon tomato powder or tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk powder
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet curry powder (no salt added)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
Serves / Yields
Makes 6 servings
Steam broccoli until just tender-crisp.
Prepare noodles according to package directions and drain.
Saute onion, apple and mushrooms in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
Combine tomato powder, buttermilk powder, yogurt, vermouth, water, basil, ginger, curry powder, and coriander in a small bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
In a medium bowl, fold together turkey, broccoli, sauteed ingredients, noodles and yogurt sauce. Add to 2 quart casserole dish, cover and bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes.
Tomato Powder is available at The Spice House.
Buttermilk powder can be found with powdered milk at major grocery stores.
To avoid precooking the broccoli, add 1/4 cup more water. Cover tightly with foil before putting the lid on the casserole dish, and bake for 30 minutes longer. This also tastes great with spinach instead of broccoli, which does not require precooking.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!