Submitted by: Michael from Lake In The Hills, IL
1. Put the meat in a large mixing bowl and liberally drizzle it with Olive Oil.
2. Knead the olive oil into the meat.
3. Add Old World Central Street seasoning and knead once more, distributing the seasoning throughout the meat.
4. Form the meat into 2-8oz patties or 4-4oz patties, depending on your appetite.
5. Press a small indent with your finger into the patty before grilling, this keeps the burgers from plumping up too much and let's them hold their shape. (Nobody likes a burger-turned-meatball.)
6. As you are grilling, you can keep the meat extra moist by basting it with Worcestershire sauce.
Serve on toasted, buttered buns with lettuce, tomato, onions, and some *burger joint sauce.
For a simple *burger joint sauce, combine:
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
Old World Central Seasoning to taste
You can customize that sauce however you like. Try some hot sauce, honey, vinegar, and other herbs or spices. This is general idea for most every burger restaurant's "special sauce."
More About This Recipe
I also add some extra freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper to my burgers before putting them on the grill.