Chili Chocolate Bark
I fell in love with chili chocolate bark when I lived in England. I used to get a bag from the farmer's market every Saturday in Exeter. When I moved back to the US, I could not find it ANYWHERE, so... I made my own.
Add extras like almonds, raisins, or fruit as your taste desires.
Submitted by: Renee from Mount Savage, MD
Yield: 24 pieces
Featured in this Recipe
- Line an 11 by 7 by 2 bake pan with wax paper. Mix all ingredients in a double-boiler until melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate into prepared bake pan. Spread evenly with spatula.
- Sprinkle with crushed red peppers as desired.
- Chill at least two hours or until set. Slice or break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to two weeks, maybe longer; I haven't been able to leave it alone longer than that ;)
More About This Recipe
Please note: The cinnamon can only be hinted at, but it is necessary to provide a middle note with the different chiles, otherwise it is a bit bitter. Standard crushed red pepper flakes are fine in this recipe, but if you can get the slightly milder, fruitier Aleppo pepper flakes they are delicious with chocolate. For a milder chocolate, use ground ancho pepper instead of cayenne pepper. This is a very versatile recipe. Add nuts, dried fruit or zest (slivered almonds, dried cherries, orange zest etc). Experiment with different spices (cardamom, coriander ... ) or different chocolates (white chocolate, mint chocolate). This is also makes a very lovely gift.
forgot to add the Cocoa powder and switch Aleppo for Ancho chili powder and the chocolate was well received
I add zest from one orange to the Chili Chocolate Bark Recipe. Everyone who has tasted it is amazed by how much better this is than store brought chili chocolate bars. I hardly repeat recipes but this one is certainly one I have already made a few times.
I’ve made this in different ways…..I like to add orange and ginger zest, and ground pistachios. It’s a great recipe for anyone’s tastes.
i already developed spices chocolates at home