This is a simple curried rice recipe using sweet curry powder from The Spice House. Learn how to make an 8 serving curried rice dish to bring to a potluck!
Submitted by: Elizabeth Crawford from Milwaukee, WI
Yield: serves 8
- Heat oil in a 3 to 4 quart heavy saucepan, cook garlic and onions over medium-low heat until softened.
- Add curry powder and rice and cook, stirring often, about 1 min.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil, uncovered, without stirring, until the surface of the rice is covered with steam holes and the grains on top appear dry (about 8 minutes).
- Reduce heat to as low as possible, then cover with a tight fitting lid. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let the curry rice stand another five minutes before serving.