Grandma Rosenbaum's Persimmon Pudding
Submitted by: Betsy from Mooresville, Indiana
Featured in this Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 350 0 F and grease a 11" X13" gIass baking pan.
2) Mix flour, ground cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl and set aside.
3) In large mixing bowl, mix buttermilk and baking soda. Add pulp, sugar, and eggs, and beat on medium until well blended.
4) Add cooled, melted butter and mix until well blended.
5) Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and blend on low speed until fully incorporated into batter. Add last half flour mixture and, again, blend on low speed until fully incorporated into batter. Increase to medium speed, and beat for 2 minutes.
6) Turn batter into 9" X 13" greased, glass baking pan.
7) Bake on middle rack for about 1 hour. Test middle of pudding with a toothpick. When it comes out clean, the pudding is done.
8) Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
9) Cool completely: at least one hour.
10) Slice into 12 equal pieces.
Pudding can be served with fresh, whipped cream, or dusted with powdered sugar.