Submitted by: janelle from fort wayne, in
1) Put chopped almonds in blender with 1/4 cup very hot water. Process, then strain into a bowl. Return the almonds to blender, add another cup very hot water, and process again. Strain into saucepan.
3) Mix almond milk from bowl with regular milk and condensed milk.
4) Add 1 1/4 cups water to almond "milk" in saucepan and boil. Add rice, sugar, cinnamon, half the butter, salt, almond extract and half of the mixed milks.
5) Bring to boil, then simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, adding more milk mixture if necessary. Continue to cook the rice, stirring and adding remaining milk until thick and creamy, Stir in the orange flower water, taste for sweetness and add extra sugar, if necessary.
6) Pour into serving bowl and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Dot with butter and dust with cinnamon; serve hot.