Puff Pastry Fruit Galette
Pick your favorite fruits for this recipe—fresh or frozen. We used blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries.
Recipe by Lily K. Noel.
Photo by Emily Dorio.
Yield: 1 12-inch pastry
Featured in this Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12 cast iron skillet.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry until it is about 14 inches in diameter. Transfer the crust to the prepared skillet and gently press into the base.
3. In a large bowl, toss the fruit with the honey and vanilla extract. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cardamom, and salt. Add the sugar mixture to the fruit and toss to combine.
4. Arrange the fruit in the prepared crust
5. Fold the pastry over the fruit around the edge (the center should be exposed).
6. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Lightly brush the egg wash onto the crust and then sprinkle with the Vanilla Bean Sugar.
7. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling slightly. 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and drizzle with additional honey, if desired.
More About This Recipe
You can also adjust for most size skillets! Just roll the pastry out 2 inches larger than your skillet and fill with the fruit mixture.
Just wanted you to know I made it ..too bad I can’t upload a picture of it….looks just like your picture….yea!!! Success
Delicious with berries and peaches! Thanks for posting this perfect summer recipe!